Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Big Event


The big day is almost here. It has been five years in the making. Going to school and work, all of the late nights spent studying for tests will be over in nineteen more days. I cannot wait!
When I take a moment to reflect back, I have accomplished the imaginable. I never thought I would go to college because I was sick & tired of school. My senior year in high school was a headache. I started my college career at LSU-Shreveport in the spring semester of 2002. I was not always able to take a full course load each semester. Sometimes I could afford only two classes in a semester but I made up for it by attending school every summer. Previously, I spent some time at Bossier Parish Community College and then Delaware Tech. I started at the bottom of the pile; I had to take remedial, self paced math courses and English until I was on a college level. I didn’t even receive a grade for these classes just a “P” for passed. These prior facilities helped me to realize that I could make it through college. I gained the confidence that I needed to keep going.
Graduation day is December 20th 2006, although classes are ending December 9th. I will be receiving my Bachelors of Science in Financial Analysis. Who woulda thunk it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home